Image Map

Monday, May 13, 2013

Smoothie Love

I'm a smoothie kind of gal. I'm all about nutrient bombing my food, and smoothies are one of the easiest ways to do that!  I'm also convinced smoothies are THE hangover cure.  You best believe these guys are in my belly every Saturday...Sunday...and ummm *cough Wednesday cough* morning.  Stop with the judging eyes!

After one particularly boozy Friday night in Charlotte, I got my life together the next morning and headed to Lauren's in hopes that this delish little guy would cure my vodka head.

The miracle ingredients are listed below:
  • Organic Spinach (get as much of it as you can in there!)
  • 1/2 Avocado
  • Organic Frozen Blueberries, Mangoes, and Raspberries
  • 4 oz. 50% Reduced Sugar OJ
  • Flax Oil ( a tablespoon or so)
  • 1/2 cup Greek Yogurt
  • 1/2 Banana
  • Ice
  • 1 Packet of Stevia
  • 4 oz. Green Tea (I usually steep two tea bags and let it chill in the fridge)


To be honest, I don't measure the amount of fruit I put in.  I throw in enough to fill the entire blender.  If you're feeling rebellious, you can experiment with what fruits you enjoy most.  Sometimes, the blender is so full that I have to mix it down so that the concoction has room for more ridic ingredients.  

Does this smoothie not look ridicballs?!?!

Don't be fooled, I'm still wearing my clothes from the night before.

I understand it looks like mud.  Who cares? It tastes friggin' phenom. 

Get in my belly!

I want to give ya"ll a little disclaimer.  If you're used to smoothies from Jamba Juice or any of those other WHACK places, these smoothies will taste a bit different to you.  That's because they DON'T have artificial sugars or any other mystery ingredients.  You can also remove the green tea if you're not down with caffeine (ummm...who are you?!) or simply don't like the taste.  Nevertheless, WHOLE FOOD smoothies are amaze.       

All in all, If this smoothie doesn't rock your socks off then you are whack balls.

I'm interested in what your favorite ingredients are.  Have you found any magic ingredients I'm missing? 

 
Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment