Sunday, April 7, 2013

The 80/20 Rule


Here at OB we’re all about balance.  We’ve spent the last couple of years transitioning into a more natural and organic lifestyle, and we are loving it! However, we’re human, and they don’t make organic red bull!  A philosophy I’ve always tried to stick to when it comes to health and fitness is the “80/20 rule”.  If 80% of what you eat is wholesome, organic, and/or nutrient rich, then go to town on the other 20%!  I’ve put together a little list of my 20%.  What's yours?

The 4 things that ain’t goin’ anywhere:

1)      RED BULL:  As stated before, Hell is going to freeze over before I give up that 8oz. bottle of pure heaven.  We’ve had a love affair for ohhhh…6 or 7 years now, and I see no end in sight.  Is it loaded with chems? Yep.  Do I give a damn? Not for a second.
                                 
                                       

2)      SUAVE DRY SHAMPOO:  I’ve switched most of my bathroom products over to their natural counterparts, but this is one I’m just not willing to get rid of.  Lauren and I douse our hair with bleach on a monthly basis, so it’s not exactly in our best interest to wash our hair daily.  This is a MAGICAL product.  Flip your hair upside down, spray the roots, and boom! A salon blowout in seconds.  Thanks to SDS I can go a good 4 or 5 days without a wash.  Dirty, huh?!
               
                                                    

3)      TACO BELL:  I know…it’s the worst of the worst. Grade F meat.  It’s also the love of my life.  I’m not a drunk TB eater.  I’m a 10:55am, waiting in the parking lot because they don’t open until 11am, kind of TB eater.  Nachos Bell Grande gives me all sorts of crazy emotions I’m not sure how to handle.  However, I have had to tell TB lately that we may need to take things a little slower and probably not see each other 5 days a week anymore.  But we can be friends with benefits, right?!     
                                       

4)      SOUR PATCH KIDS:  These little guys have rocked my world for as long as I can remember.  You know it is love when you eat something until the entire first layer of your tongue is gone. 
                                         
                                          
                                                   


These are just a few of the vices that I'm not willing to part with.  Vices are good!! They keep you sane.  On that note, I'm going to broil my free range chicken, roast some organic sweet potatoes,  and then I'm going to consume one...or 5 RBV's.  (Red Bull Vodka, silly!)  It is Sunday Funday after all!


Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment