Image Map

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Blue Corn Bison Nachos

Things got a little sexual in the kitchen this week Organopeeps!  Sorry J, you've been replaced by a pound of red meat.  Ummmmmm.......

I'm a meat and potatoes kind of chick.  Staples in the OB household growing up consisted of tacos, burgers, fried chicken, stroganoff, meatballs, and spaghetti with meat sauce.  Every Sunday morning our wonderful parents woke up and spent an hour cooking endless amounts of bacon, sausage, eggs, and pancakes for the pack of girls who had spent the night before at our house.  Needless to say, meat is my first true love.  I'm sorry vegetarians, but I just can't imagine a life without a rare filet.   



Just saying...



I must confess that I have another creepy obsession: Taco Bell.  I have an unhealthy love for Nachos Bel Grande.  So much so that I staged my own TB intervention and have not had it since December 31st, 2012.  The goal is to stay away from my beloved NBG for one year.  So far I'm eight months in and going strong.  So, I've been making my own version at home.  While wandering aimlessly throughout the grocery store this week I came across some organo bison and a light bulb went off.  Bison effing Nachos!!! Um, I'm getting a little hot and bothered just thinking about it.  This is such an easy recipe, made with mostly organo ingredients and amped up with some sweet bison meat.  And as always, it's bozo-proof.  We can't all be Giada!      


Here are the ingredients:
1 pound of bison
1 packet of taco mix (mine unfortunately was not organic, but they do make them)
A dash of cayenne pepper (that 'ish is good for your metabo, you know)
1 can of organic black beans
1 packet of organic cheese (taco variety, if possible)
Salsa (whatever amount and variety you like)
1 organic avocado
1 packet of organic blue corn tortilla chips
1 change of underwear (just a warning...you'll need it after eating this 'ish)





As always, our recipes are really hard, so try to follow along:
Brown bison meat. Drain.
Heat black beans in a separate pan.
Add cayenne and taco seasoning to meat.
Put chips on plate.
Dump amazeballs bison meat on chips.
Top with cheese, beans, salsa, hot sauce and avocado slices.
Slam food.
Yah, that's it.





There you have it peeps.  This will be ready to eat in twenty minutes flat.  And heck, why not make an organic margarita to make this an all around meaty, boozy meal?

And here are just a few tidbits about bison, If I haven't already convinced you to eat this lovely meat.
  • Bison are handled as little as possible.  They spend their lives on grass, with very little time in a feed lot. 
  • They are not subjected to drugs, chemicals, or hormones.
  • Bison is the leanest red meat around, with only 2.42 grams of fat per 3.5 oz. serving.
  • It has the highest iron and B-12 content of all red meat.

Now go and get your eat on ya'll!!

Cheers!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment