Image Map

Friday, August 16, 2013

Friday Organo Roundup

Happy Friday friends! Time for 5(ish) random Organothings you might be interested in!

Food Babe's post on Trader Joe's rocked my world. I mean...Shawn and I have been saying for ages that TJ's is not an Organoshop. A lot of people have misconceptions that everything from Trader Joe's is organic, when only a small fraction of it is. Apurrently they are a bit shadester about their claim that their branded products are GMO-free.

I might even have to retract my suggestion about Trader Joes's Joe's O's. Sigh.


Dang.
Exciting news alert...my flabby arse lost a few lbs! That's right, I've lost a whopping three pounds, but Mommy is excited about it. I did it by making just a couple simple switches. First, I ditched lattes. Yes, I drank a latte on the daily. It's my "me" moment. But it's also approx. 150 cals, and just not great for you (even if I did switch from cow juice to organic soymilk). You are crazypants if you think I'm giving up caffeine though...so I broke up with Starbucks, bought a $19.99 Mr. Coffee and started drinking strong black coffee in the mornings. Bonus: I'm saving $20+ a week at the 'Bucks. 

I'm just not that into you.

Tactic #2: Cut back on avocados. I KNOW. They are mad healthy. Organopeeps, do not give these up. However, I ate at least 1/2 avocado every morning. I usually macked on another half at some point during the day. I adore them, but it was too much of a good thing. I think 1/2 avocado 1/2 days of the week is a good place to land.



Holy...what the balls is THIS?!
via

I am trying out a new foundation. I didn't pull the trigger on my Vine.com cosmetic order, but I did find myself at Target, clutching a paraben-free foundation: Botanics Colour Adjusting Foundation. It's not bad. It's a little thick and not as "glide-y" as some other foundations, but the end result is the same. My wrackne is suitably concealed, and I am happy knowing that my mug is sans parabens all day.

Preview alert: Leigh made a dankalicious summer smoothie that we'll be telling you all about next week. Seriously...I want to take this to the face!!



Do you know about amber teething necklaces? This could be a whole post in itself, but I got one for Dylan this week at The Baby Grocery Store, where an incredibly helpful employee gave me the full rundown. Basically, they don't chew on these, but rather wear them right around the base of their necks. The skin absorbs succinic acid in the amber, which is natural pain reliever. The lighter the amber, the stronger the effect...so you know I got my babe this lemonade color. Girlfriend's gums were raw and sharp...and creepily bright red. And guess what. On Wednesday, she cut her first tooth!



Lastly, a rando cute picture of Dylan, playing fetch with our dog, Bacon. One of her last pictures ever as a true gummy bear.

Victory is mine!
What's in the plans for the weekend, my darlings? Shawn and I are busy planning her first birthday party and doing house projects. How about you?


1 comment: